Friday, December 8, 2006

Mountain Bike Trek 7200 Review

Pros
front shock absorbers, great price,a unisex bike, great

Cons
not necessarily a mountain bike and not necessarily a speed bike

The Bottom Line
I recommend; the price is super affordable for what you are getting. This bike is for casual bikers but moreso a leisure bike, and a great bike at that.

Recommended Use: Weekly Rides

Trek to Bikes is what Microsoft is to Computers or what Burton is to Snowboards. They are probably the most well known and popular bike brand out there today. This is not a reason to buy their bike line but I would like to establish the idea in your mind that they are a reputable brand and have a lot of expectations to live up to, being so well-known.
I purchased the Trek 7200 four months ago, and the Trek 7200 is the second cheapest bike you can buy from their line of bikes. The difference between the Trek 7200 and their most cheapest bike is that the trek 7200 comes with front shock absorbers. This feature allows you to go over rougher terrain, such as a rock or a tree root, and will take some of the heavy bounce/jolt feeling away.

I am not a very experienced mountain biker; for the past 10 years I have been using the same antique Motorbecane road bike my parents passed on to me, so the Trek 7200 was an immensive improvement and a huge step up. It also was a very affordably priced bike which is important to those who have a tight budget. I like the Trek 7200 because the gears are now located on the handlebars, to where my old bike they were located on the vertical bar closer to the bike pedals. This makes switching gears so much easier! I also like the 7200 bike because it is a hybrid bike- which means that this bike is a mix between a speed bike and a mountain bike. I never used to be able to bike on gravel or grass, but with the 7200 I am able to do that.

A feature that I really love is this patented bell that the bike has. It makes the loudest bike bell noise that I have ever heard! Its a great feature when you are biking on the road and want to warn the biker in front of you that a car is coming, or also great for if you want to warn a jogger in front of you that you are near.
The only thing I do not like about this bike is the fact that my arms get so tired after riding for 15 minutes. My old bike never made my arms feel that sore and stiff. The trek 7200 has different frame sizes, so make sure you pick the best frame size out for you. The frame basically indicates how long and wide the bike is.

The Trek 7200 is definitely geared for bikers that are not extreme and serious riders. It is more of a leisure bike. And you definitely are a leisure biker if you are more concerned about what colors the bike comes in than what technical features the bike has. With that said- good luck!

Recommended:
Yes

Amount Paid (US$): 250-300
Component Package: the Multitrack



No comments: